Am I spending too much on hot water?
All water heaters are not created equal: Some are more expensive to run than others. For example, electric water heaters cost more than 3 times as much to run as oil units. A family of four with an electric water heater is probably spending $1,500 too much… every year!
Many people find their savings with a new water heater is enough to cover the financing we provide!
What's the best way to heat hot water?
There are several cost effective methods:
- Oil-fired water heater with storage tank
- Propane water heater with storage tank
- Indirect water heater with storage tank
- Tankless coil in a boiler
- Tankless, on-demand, propane water heater
Different technologies are better for different applications.
A tankless coil in a boiler,
for example, is never enough for a family, but it can be fine for a couple.
I don't have enough hot water… Is that normal?
- Can you take two hot showers in a row?
- Can you take a hot shower with the washing machine on?
- Can you take a hot shower while someone is doing the dishes?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, then you should look into improving your hot water supply. We can perform a no-cost inspection, that will tell you how efficient your hot water heater is, and give you options for upgrading to a better system.
New hot water heaters can qualify for rebates and tax credits, and they can be exempt from Connecticut sales tax.